Twitter is a great tool for building your brand and sharing your expertise. Try these 13 tips to
help you use Twitter effectively.
- Build a strategy – have a goal in mind for how you're using Twitter.
- Create a dialogue with your followers – don't just promote your products and services. Use the 80-20 rule; 80% valuable information and 20% promotion.
- Share useful information – for example how you're successfully using Twitter to build brand knowledge, promote your products, etc.
- Give advice in your area of expertise – share tips, tricks and best practices.
- Post a list of blogs you've written with links directly to them.
- Don't use auto-follow tools – take the time to review your followers.
- Share information about yourself, your family, your interests.
- It's not a numbers game – just because you have 10,000 fans doesn't mean you win!
- Retweet, Retweet, Retweet
- Thank people who follow you, mention you or retweet your information. It only takes a few minutes a day.
- Create lists to keep followers organized.
- Promote your Twitter ID – add it to your signature line and business card
- Be yourself
Twitter is a great tool to connect with people and build your brand. Schedule time on your calendar daily to check in and join the conversations.
Susan Mershon is an Marketing & Technology Coach, Trainer & Online Business Manager who teaches entrepreneurs and small business owners how to earn money while they sleep.