Most doctors know that a person's hair is a very good indicator of their nutritional state. Healthy hair is a direct reflection of proper nutrition; deficiencies in certain vitamins and minerals will result in stunted hair growth or even hair loss. And the most common vitamin deficiencies that lead to hair loss are deficiencies in B vitamins, especially B6, biotin, inositol and folic acid, as well as deficiencies in the minerals magnesium, sulfur and zinc.
Photo: 13 months on hairfinity (used every day). Photo on right: about 2 weeks before hairfinity. YES I PURPOSELY WORE THE SAME SHIRT to compare results.
Deficiencies are not uncommon because many of us live very busy lives where it's often hard to eat a balanced diet that is inclusive of all the important vitamins and minerals. That's why it's important to take multivitamins and/or supplements.
Read on to find out how each of these nutrients impact hair health, as well as alternative sources that you can incorporate into your diet.
- Iron: Women of child-bearing ages or those who don't eat a lot of red meat tend to be deficient in iron. Even those who aren't anemic can also have low iron levels. Iron carries oxygen to hair and promotes growth. However, it is very important to discuss with your physician about how much iron or any mineral) you should take every day. Iron-rich foods include, egg yolks, lentils, spinach and chicken.
- Vitamin D: This is important for hair follicle cycling, especially for individuals who live in northern parts of the United States where sunlight is limited. A supplement is also prescribed as a treatment for atopic dermatitis like eczema. Salmon, mushroom, beef liver and grains are great alternative sources of vitamin D.
- Zinc: Heavy exercisers and sweaters tend to lose significant amounts of zinc. To regain this hair growth mineral, consume 15-30mg daily or munch on high zinc foods like lamb, turkey, pumpkin seeds and chocolate.
- B-complex Vitamins: Biotin, niacin and cobalamin are among the most popular B-complex vitamins that help restore shine and thickness to strands. Load up on whole grains, eggs, avocados and legumes, as they are some of the best food sources for B-complex vitamins.
Do You Want Grow Longer, Stronger Hair?
Look no further. Hairfinity Hair Vitamins are formulated with hair specific nutrients to nourish your hair from the INSIDE OUT and promote faster growing, longer, thicker, stronger hair, and more vibrant hair.
Photo: Kay Latugman August, 2013 3-months using Hairfinity
- Biotin Biotin promotes healthy hair growth and protects against dryness. Increases the elasticity of the hair's cortex, thus preventing breakage. Helps produce keratin that prevents hair loss.
- Niacin (Vitamin B3) Niacin promotes scalp circulation Pantothenic Acid (Vitamin B5) – prevents hair loss.
- Vitamin A Vitamin A is an antioxidant that helps produce healthy sebum in the scalp.
- Vitamin C Vitamin C is an antioxidant that helps maintain hair and skin health.
- Vitamin D Vitamin D helps prevent hair shedding which is critical to a voluminous fuller head of hair.
- Vitamin B12 Vitamin B12 is essential to the formation of healthy red blood cells and helps transport oxygen to the scalp and follicles, which is required to sustain hair growth.
- Vitamin B Complex Vitamin B Complex nourishes and supports a healthy scalp environment and healthy hair growth. Deficiencies in these vitamins can lead to hair thinning, hair loss, graying, and weakening of the hair structure.
- Silica Due to its ability to maintain collagen, Silica helps maintain the hair's elasticity and helps keep the hair lustrous.
- MSM The sulfur provided by MSM is required for healthy collagen and keratin, which are essential to healthy hair growth.
- EXCLUSIVE CAPILSANA™ COMPLEX delivers a unique blend of Hydrolyzed Collagen, MSM, and Silica provides 18 Amino Acids, which are the building blocks of the protein that gives hair it's strength. The exclusive complex also provides sulfur required for healthy collagen and keratin, which are essential to healthy hair growth.
Photo: SilviaMarie23 August, 2014
How Do The Vitamins Work?
Hairfinity Hair Vitamins contain the basic nutrients for overall health. A healthy body is the ideal environment for healthy hair to thrive. This means that a good metabolism, and immune system are also key factors for growing healthy hair fast. They also contain specific nutrients that are essential for faster hair growth.
Isn't it time you gave Hairfinity a try?