Spring inspires the desire to clean out the old and let the new shine in. Use this season to clean out more than old files and the garage clutter from winter. Spring out of your comfort zone! Expand your boundaries and re-fresh your life. See what vegetation can you plant in your life to leave behind rut of winter – especially the winter we have all had!!
Here are some steps to energize and embrace the new season:
- Keep a journal for 30 days – write down gratitudes, feelings of happiness or anger; be open to new emotions and revelations.
- Take an online class – whether it be history, computer programming, or a new language, the chance to learn online is abundant now. Keep your brain and body youthful by firing up your brain cells.
- Take an in person class – cooking, art lecture, wine, horticulture – what's your pleasure? There are abundant options for fun, interactive classes. Meet new friends with the same passions.
- Try a new adventure or exercise class – Grab a friend and create a team for a mud run (yes, really!) Take your family on the zip lines in the mountains closest to you or hike a trail you have never explored. Explore a new exercise class. Most classes will let you try out the first one for free. My personal latest favorite is the Bar Method – check it out!
- Participate in a non-profit walk/run. Races are held almost every weekend. Support a good cause and perhaps even inspire you to appreciate your wellness and empathize with those who fight different conditions: Juvenile Diabetes, MS Walk and ALS Walk are just a few to mention.
- Volunteer for a day or a week. Explore a week long camp or soup kitchen and share your talents while remembering your blessings. Camp Hope is a camp for kids with a parent incarcerated – come for a day or the week! Must Ministries is always looking for volunteers for meals or support. Jump in!
- Join a book club. Read the latest bestseller, an old favorite or classic. Meet other avid readers. Reading is power, knowledge and escape. For more on how we feel about reading (see #4)!
- Make an appointment with the dermatologist. Get your face and body ready for the changing season and feel good about taking care of your body. New technologies and product improvements will provide a skin re-fresh. Also ask for a sun/mole check – don't let any hidden dangers remain hidden.
- Get plenty of rest – you have a lot to do! Use this season of spring to try on a different hat or stretch yourself in a completely new way. You may find a new passion or confront an old fear. No matter what, you will expand your horizon. Happy exploring!!
Our philosophy is to be excellent in both career and life. addONE Marketing Solutions delivers experienced, marketing staffing solutions to fit any size project or budget. Filling marketing staffing gaps or providing outsourced marketing departments makes us “the smartest addition you will ever make.” Atlanta-based and woman owned since 1998. Visit add1marketing.com for more information.
Share small business news, blogs and social media tips with Project Eve's community of small business owners and entrepreneurs today. Our contributors come from a wide range of backgrounds; so whether you are a small business owner, social media strategist, financial adviser, serial entrepreneur, or write an amateur blog we urge you to contribute a blog to our 500,000+ community today. For more information, please refer to our Content Submissions Guidelines.