Tell us about your entrepreneurial product or service.
* Creatively crafting press releases, case studies and newsletters using effective and focused communication, enabling companies to acquire, retain and increase clients and income.
* Designing and creating company literature, content for websites and postings for social media sites – generating exciting and innovative messages for different audiences – to raise awareness and profile.
* Planning and implementing effective email campaigns, to grow participation and support.
* Account management, relationship-building and networking, to deliver increased engagement and financial commitments.
* Developing focused plans and strategies – business, targeting, communications, marketing and PR. Thoroughly collecting and analysing data, appreciating external and internal impacts, and ensuring goals and targets are achievable, quantifiable and realistic.
* Researching, selecting and tailor-making applications to foundations, philanthropists and trusts – securing essential financial assistance, funding and grants.
* Compiling, editing and delivering corporate bids, competitive tenders, pitches and proposals (specialising in the public sector), resulting in increased revenue and greater market share.
* Co-ordinating and editing submissions to legal directories to improve rankings and achieve prominence.
* Successful management of budgets, events, launches, projects and staff to creatively, yet cost-effectively, achieve corporate objectives.
What inspired you to launch your business idea?
After a period of not really focusing on my career, the time came to sort myself out. Find out who I am. What is important to me? What do I want to do with the rest of my (working) life?! I have decided that one of the answers is to start my own business.
I was inspired to launch my business idea by my love of writing, my enjoyment of communicating, the thrill of meeting people and my absolute commitment to working for myself. The highs, the lows, the responsibilities and the freedom – absolutely fabulous!
What problem does your business or organization solve?
If someone is looking for help with communications, relationship-building or marketing – yet can't justify employing an additional member of staff – I can help. 58 productions (communications) provides:
* a flexible resource – whether an organisation needs help with a one-off project, regular part-time assistance or just the occasional, additional pair of marketing hands
* cost-effective support – I can work from home, or from a company's offices, or a combination of both
* reliability – with over 25 years experience, working with large international law firms, major recruitment consultancies, leading charities, start-up businesses and TV/video production companies, clients can rely on my professionalism, expertise and ‘can-do' attitude
* simple pricing – I can meet an organisation's needs on competitive daily, weekly or monthly rates.
What has been your biggest challenge as an entrepreneur and how are you working to overcome it?
My biggest challenge as an entrepreneur, and also my greatest opportunity, has been deciding to have a family and spend time raising them.
I’ve never actually given up work, but I did choose not to continue in a traditional 9-to-5 role.
Fortunately, working for yourself means that you can work towards a flexible, balanced home/work life.
Give us one word that people might use to describe you.
How has Project Eve helped you and/or your business?
I'm interested by your caffeine break idea, and hoping to get my blog published to a wider audience.
Give us an insider tip that relates to your industry or startup story.
Social media is one of the least expensive, and one of the most effective, current ways to build your profile. Some consultants don't like it, because it doesn't make them any money!
Company: 58 productions
Follow my organization on social media here:
Please submit your story to the largest archive of entrepreneurial startup stories in the world so, together, we can motivate women in business to think beyond traditional boundaries, support one another, embrace change and view challenges as opportunities. Whether you are a small business owner, a freelancer, a serial entrepreneur, own an online business, operate a storefront on Main Street, or even moonlight with an amateur blog our 350,000+ community would like to hear your Startup Story! Answer seven short questions to create a blog of your story today!