1. Nearly 23% of online time is spent on social networks. Your network is checking its stream- keep posting deals, they’ll see them, 23% of the time. The average Facebook user spends 20 minutes on his or her account during each visit (Experian Social Media Consumer Report).
2. The average user has 130 friends and is connected to 80 pages, events and groups. You are creating thousands of brand ambassadors by online networking with your loyal base.
3. Intel’s survey found that 85% of adults share content online. 46% of those surveyed admit that they would be out of the loop on their family news.
4. 39% of Americans spend more time socializing online than face-to-face. Your business has stayed on top of this shift- you aren’t having a teenager pass out fliers, you are having him create spreadsheets and analyzing the number of wall posts.
5. Comscores survey reported that 21% of Pinterest users have purchased products after seeing them on the site. Users spend ~1 1/2 hours a month on the site, compared with 21 minutes on Twitter and 17 minutes on LinkedIn.
6. Alexa reports that YouTube is the 3rd most viewed site on the planet, with over 2 billion views each day. Through posting keyword rich videos, your information will be found globally. Eight years of content is uploaded every day.
8. Ning has found it only takes 20 people to create meaningful interactions and bring an online community to a significant level of activity. Remember, each person has an average of 130 friends, and is followed by groups and pages.
9. Knowing that Google+ is growing rapidly and is predicted to have 400 million users by the end of 2012. Knowing the Google is the #1 search engine in the world, you must develop out on their new keyword optimized social media profiles. This is the blog that Social Fulcrum wrote a blog about Google+.
10. Posts from Facebook pages with 10,000 fans reach 30 percent to 40 percent of their fans, and posts from pages with 100,000 fans reach 20 percent to 30 percent of their fans and posts from pages with 1,000,000 or more fans reach 10 percent of their fans. The more you network, the more you grow, the more business you bring in.