What does financial empowerment look like? There’s actually no single correct answer to that question. In fact, the answer is different for everyone. But we would like to help you begin envisioning what it will look like for you.
Here are some ideas from the women at Directions for Women:
- I learn from my financial mistakes.
- I know I will have enough because I am enough.
- I am able to set and make progress toward financial goals.
- I can talk about money with those I care about.
- I know enough to make good financial decisions.
- I know my value in the marketplace and can ask for it.
- I understand that taking care of myself financially is just as important as taking care of others.
- I spend money in a way that honors my values and responsibilities.
- I may choose to delegate – but not abdicate – responsibility for managing my money.
- When I have questions or fears about money, I speak up and get the support and answers I need.
Other ideas? What does being financially empowered mean to you? Let us know in the comment section below. Your shares will undoubtedly help others think about this important issue.
Looking for resources to help you get empowered? Visit our free resources by clicking here.