Open up any magazine and you’ll see countless articles regarding beauty tips and tricks, telling you exactly what you need to do and buy in order to look like a movie star.
Well, looking like a movie star is all well and good, but what about beauty tips and tricks for those of us who are just trying to get out the door in a reasonable amount of time? Or those of us who are on a budget and can’t go out and buy a dozen specialty products?
Here are some beauty tips and tricks that you’ll actually be able to use, and will make a difference in your daily beauty routine.
1 A dab of toothpaste will zap a pimple overnight.
2. Exfoliate your lips with a quick toothbrush scrub. Enjoy silky, soft lips afterwards.
3. Brush hair nightly and go from root to tip to distribute natural oils evenly.
4. For a softer day look, switch to brown mascara instead of black.Photo Credit: Glamour
5. Raw potato slices on the eyes help get rid of puffiness and dark circles.
6. Body lotion is a great makeup remover, especially for stubborn mascara.
7. A little concealer just outside the lips will keep lipstick from bleeding or feathering.
8. Freeze your eyeliner for 15 minutes for easier application and a more even line.
9. Soften your skin before tweezing with a cotton ball soaked in warm water.
10. Prevent frizzy hair by patting — not rubbing — your hair to dry it after a shower.Photo Credit: Health Guru
11. Spritz an old toothbrush with hairspray to keep brows brushed and under control.
12. To prevent ingrown toenails (ouch!) trim nails straight across, not into the corners.
13. Curl your lashes before and after applying mascara for the illusion of extra length.
14. Skip the shaving cream and shave your legs with hair conditioner for silky smooth skin.
15. Don’t pump your mascara wand! It only lets more air into the tube which will dry out the mascara faster.