These light and airy muffins are the perfect way to start your mornings, loaded with plump, juicy blueberries and extra vanilla goodness!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
Cook 25 m
Ready In 40 m
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a 12-cup standard muffin tin with paper liners or coat with nonstick spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
- In a large glass measuring cup or another bowl, whisk together buttermilk, sugar, butter and egg. Stir in vanilla bean paste. Pour mixture over dry ingredients and stir using a rubber spatula just until moist. Add blueberries and gently toss to combine.
- Scoop the batter evenly into the muffin tray. Sprinkle with sparkling sugar. Place into oven and bake for 15-17 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.