If you are active on Twitter, you are likely familiar with @maddow, @oprah, and even @digitalroyalty. Perhaps these notables are already in your network. But we we think these Twitter powerhouses are worth following.
1. Lisa Stone @lisastone: One-third of the BlogHer founder power trifecta including @jorydjand @elisac, Lisa Stone is a symbol of what women are capable of in the new media sphere. She is daring, smart and magnetic.
2. Sarah Evans @prsarahevans: Marrying her PR background and a passion for social media (a self-described “Twitterholic”), Evans has developed a devoted following that she likens to “a giant cocktail party.” If there’s any doubt about her guest list, take a look at her following.
3. Leanin @LeaninOrg: Global community committed to offering women the encouragement and support to lean in to their ambitions.
4. Natalie Sisson @suitcasepreneur: Want to create freedom in business & adventure in life? I’m ya girl! I help you build a thriving online biz using social media, online tools and outsourcing
5. Natalie Macneil @nataliemacneil: Author of She Takes on the World (http://amzn.to/GCBT0m); EMMY Award Winning Media Entrepreneur; Green Juice Junkie; Blogger, Forbes & HuffPo. DREAM BIG!
6. Heidi Roizen: @HeidiRoizen Life is Good! Board member, Stanford Educator, Venture Partner, Mom.
7. Rieva Lesonsky @Rieva: CEO GrowBiz Media & SmallBizDaily.com. Small business advocate, journalist, best-selling author. Former editorial director of Entrepreneur magazine (20+ yrs).
8. Margaret Heffernan @M_Heffernan: Margaret was CEO of five businesses.She blogs for Huffington Post and BNET.Her new book WILLFUL BLINDNESS is shortlisted for the Financial Times award.
9. Social Media Today @socialmedia2day: #Publishing and #distribution of great posts by the world’s best thinkers on #SocialMedia best practices, tools and #socialmarketing
10. Beth Comstock @bethcomstock: Marketer on a mission. Intrigued by ideas at the intersection of design & technology. CMO at GE. Aspiring innovator. Sometime writer. Relentless traveler.
11. Spin Sucks @SpinSucks: Spin Sucks blog is directed at marketing/PR pros & business leaders to keep you informed of trends in social PR & marketing. AE Yvette Pistorio tweeting.
12. Harvard Biz Review @HarvardBiz: The latest Harvard Business Review blog posts, Management Tips of the Day, Daily Stats, and more.
13. John Bell @jbell99: I run [email protected], Ogilvy’s global social media and business solutions practice
14. Jill Griffin @JillDGriffin: Award-winning marketer. Storyteller. Avid reader. Healthy Living Evangelist. Reiki Master. City gal with a country heart. NYC & NoFo. SVP @LiquidThread.
15. The Sprouter Team @Sprouter: Sprouter is where founders get expert answers to their startup questions. Acquired by @PostmediaNet in October 2011. Account powered by @jonspenceley.
16. Meghan Casserly @Meg_Casserly: Girl Friday at Forbes. Girl in the world, writer of lists, wannabe entrepreneur. [email protected]
17. Amy Palmer @amypalmer: Founder & CEO @PowerwomenTV & @TycoonessEnt/ Emmy-Nominated TV Host & Reporter/TV Contributor/Content Creator/Building a Lifestyle Video Network for Women
18. Stacey Delo @staceydelo: Founder of maybrooks.com, where smart moms help each other find flexible careers. Mom. Newsie (former reporter – The Wall Street Journal Digital Network).
19. Beneath the Brand @BeneaththeBrand: Covering the Changing World of Branding
20. Alexandra Levit @alevit: Workplace author, speaker, columnist, and consultant. Helping people succeed in meaningful jobs and building relationships between organizations and top talent.
21. Janine Popick @janinepopick: Janine Popick is the CEO and co-founder of VerticalResponse, a leading online marketing provider to over 100,000 small businesses worldwide.
22. Under 30 CEO @Under30CEO: Under30CEO is the leading media site covering news, advice, trends & events for the young entrepreneur.
23. Chris Dixon @cdixon: Investor
24. Marla Tabaka @MarlaTabaka: Entrepreneurial Coach, Inc. Magazine author & podcaster helping biz owners with mindset and strategies for a fabulous life and business.
25. Ann Mack @annmmack: Director of Trendspotting at JWT, Ohio State fan, voracious media consumer, Bikram yogi, hugely inquisitive (in no particular order)
26. Ann Dwyer @AnnDwyer_Crains: Crain’s small-business editor, tweeting news by, for and about Chicago’s savvy entrepreneurs: Small business, your business.
27. Leah Busque @labusque: Engineer turned entrepreneur, Boston native turned SF transplant. Founder, TaskRabbit.com – A community of people joining together to get things done.
28. Rachel Haot @rachelhaot: Chief Digital Officer for @nycgov. @ me your ideas for tech in NYC.
29. Feministing @feministing: Breaking news and busting balls.
30. Jezebel @jezebel: Celebrity, Sex, Fashion for Women. Without Airbrushing.
31. Rachel Sklar @rachelsklar: Media addict on the loose. Changing the ratio.
32. Kara Swisher @karaswisher: Co-Executive editor, AllThingsD
33. @whitneyjohnson Co-founder @claychristensen’s fund; @harvardbiz-er, @Inc’s 12 to Follow on Twitter in ’12
*A big thanks to Project Eve Featured Blogger Jessie Spielvogel who helped us compile this wonderful list.