5 Reasons to Schedule Your Whole Day
Try starting your morning by reviewing your to-do list, weeding down, and writing a roadmap for your whole day.
- Increased focus. Our days are full of temptation to jump from one project to another, tackling what pops up in front of us. If you are scheduled to check your email from 9-9:20 a.m., dismissing a 9:07 a.m. distraction is easier. Focusing is also easier when you are only required to attend to one thing for a limited period of time.
- Better time allocation. Scheduling provides the opportunity to allocate time to the most important tasks. Otherwise, tasks that are more noticeable but less important may attract unjustified attention. When an unscheduled task inevitably pops up, “screen” the task to see if it is important enough to warrant changing your roadmap.
- Feeling accomplished. Each day, you can pick just a few things that you really want to tackle and schedule those, increasing the chances they will get done and that you will feel accomplished.
- Controlling time-stealing tasks. Many tasks, like proverbial goldfish, tend to grow to the size of their containers. A ten-minute task can take an hour if you give yourself an hour to get it done. Schedule an appropriate amount of time with a reasonable buffer.
- Balance and health. We are more likely to make time to relax, exercise, cook healthy foods, and so on, if these items are scheduled.
Share small business news, blogs and social media tips with Project Eve’s community of small business owners and entrepreneurs today. Our contributors come from a wide range of backgrounds; so whether you are a small business owner, social media strategist, financial adviser, serial entrepreneur, or write an amateur blog we urge you to contribute a blog to our 500,000+ community today. For more information, please refer to our Content Submissions Guidelines.