October, November and December are three of the busiest and most social months of the year for many of us, and it can be easy to lose touch with ourselves in the whirlwind of it all. Self love and self care are two of the most important things we can do to keep ourselves operating at our best potentials. Here are a few favorite tricks for staying serene during the busy season:
1. Breathe. It may sound so simple and like something we don’t even need to think about, but taking three deep conscious breaths in the middle of any moment can completely transform the circumstance. Before you react, inhale and exhale as big as you possibly can. Put your mind at immediate ease by visualizing all new, amazing and wonderful abundance coming to you on each inhale and releasing all that no longer serves your best interest on each exhale. Watch how fast things change and take note of your reaction (or lack of).
2. Stop to check in with the bigger picture. However stressed or overwhelmed you may feel, remind yourself this is just one day, one week, one season, one year of your long, beautiful lifespan. Look at your life from a much higher perspective and ask yourself how this problem/issue/concern will impact it in ten+ years. Check in often with your visions of the life you desire for yourself and try not to “sweat the small stuff”.
3. Nourish your mind, body and soul. Read, write, dance, take baths, explore, cook for yourself, say “no thanks” once in a while, take classes, talk to strangers, wake up an hour early to focus on your dreams… this is your life, your mind, your body, your spirit! Take it into your own hands and MAKE THE TIME!
4. Surround yourself with those who can uplift you, inspire you and help you vibrate at a higher frequency. One of the biggest reasons we created SERENE was to build an entire community support system for each other! It is so essential to keep yourself around like-minded and like-hearted people, especially when we are put in situations where we have to be around those who are negative or have a tendency of pulling others down a bit. Keep your inner light shining no matter who you are around!
5. Be kind and gentle to yourself. You are your own best friend, your biggest confidant and your number one supporter. Every time you catch yourself bullying yourself or beating yourself up, learn the lesson and replace the thought with two positive affirmations or compliments about yourself. Above all, know your heart, love your hard-working body, live through your childlike spirit and always keep expanding the limits of your mind!
Erin Ralph is a writer, entrepreneur, wellness coach and a founder of SERENE Social. SERENE is a wellness, philanthropy and networking community exclusively for women. Visit SERENEsocial.com for more info.
Share small business news, blogs and social media tips with Project Eve’s community of small business owners and entrepreneurs today. Our contributors come from a wide range of backgrounds; so whether you are a small business owner, social media strategist, financial adviser, serial entrepreneur, or write an amateur blog we urge you to contribute a blog to our 500,000+ community today. For more information, please refer to our Content Submissions Guidelines.