Stress: Some say they can’t live with it while others insist they can’t live without it. Either way, stress causes serious health issues and as entrepreneurs it should be avoided as much as possible. Here are 7 tips for living a stress free life.
* Control. If you are a “type A” personality like me, odds are you are a perfectionist and therefore, experience stress most of the time. Control only those things you can, and release the rest. The more you are able to do this, the easier it becomes. Relax, relate, release…
* Negativity. If you surround yourself with negative people or have a negative attitude you will always be in a stressful mode. Look on the bright side of things. Whether you are just starting out or you’re a seasoned entrepreneur, you must think positive, be confident and empower yourself to drive away all the peripheral factors that bring negativity into your life. You are what you think about.
* Fear. Fear can cause stress-related health conditions such as anxiety, panic attacks and the inability to live a normal life. Fear is paralyzing and can also trigger an autoimmune response. Examine the issues causing your fear by either talking to a friend or a professional. Many female entrepreneurs experience a fear of failure. Refer to this article for help on how to overcome fear of failure.
* Sleep. Sleep deprivation can cause stress. Lack of sleep will make you irritable, nervous, lethargic and unable to perform any task that needs to be done. Entrepreneurs are notorious for not getting proper rest and often suffer gravely in the long run because of this. Ensure you sleep at least 7 to 8 hours a night. Inadequate rest also leads to weight gain. Dr. Matthew Brady of the University of Chicago and senior author of Annals of Internal Medicine conducted a study that demonstrated how inadequate sleep causes metabolic consequences. In other words…GO TO BED!!!
* Exercise. Walking, jogging, biking or running cannot only relieve stress, but keep you healthy and energetic. Combine this with the proper diet and you will be better suited to cope with stress. Exercise releases endorphins also known as “happy hormones.” I don’t know about you, but it’s hard to be happy and stressed at the same time.
* Aromatherapy. Utilizing scented oils at home or during the business day can achieve calm and relaxation. The use of scented candles or teas such as chamomile, and warm baths of lavender and rose can put you at ease in an instant. Essential oils such as lavender, ylang ylang and basil are really calming. Meditation and yoga are great as well. Take out time throughout the day and have what I call a “sniff moment.” This is where you whip out your oil diffuser and begin to sniff your stress away. Caution: The right essential oils will create feelings of euphoria coupled with a calgon moment. Sniffer discretion is advised.
* Positive Thinking. Life as a female entrepreneur has enough problems without your having to worry about inconsequential matters. Develop an attitude that is positive, empowering and one that inspires others. Encompassing a spirit of gratitude and lots of laughter promotes positivity, a sense of well being and can help you cope with stress. Laugh as much as you can and as often as you can.
Living a stress free life may not be easy. If it was, the journey would encompass a boring road lined with the same views and stepping stones. However, conquering stress can uplift you, help you become a better business woman and make your life more enjoyable. Live intentionally, live on purpose…without sweating the small stuff.
April Chapman-The Business Health Coach helps female entrepreneurs release stubborn weight, gain energy and live incredible victorious lives-moving them from sick to sensational with safe and effective detox and whole food cleansing regimens. As a drugless practitioner, she believes in the innate ability for the human body to heal itself if given what it needs to thrive. Get her FREE audio download The Female Entrepreneurs’ Secret to Permanent Weight Loss at www.bizhealthcoach.com“