Starting a Virtual Assistant business can be overwhelming and confusing. If you’ve done any research on the web you know there is SO much information out there it can make your head spin. And, you can get so overwhelmed by what you’ve found that you don’t know where to start or what to do first. This is what I like to call “Analysis Paralysis“. You spend all your time researching and NO time implementing. I know, I’ve been there!
Here are 7 tips to help you start your VA business and move beyond “Analysis Paralysis“.
- Determine your Why – write down why you became a VA and post it somewhere you can see it daily for motivation.
- Choose a name that feels right – make sure it’s not trademarked by visiting http://www.uspto.gov/trademarks/index.jsp.
- Make a list of skills – remove the ones that you do not enjoy doing!
- Set your rates – do not undervalue yourself and what your service are worth!
- Define your ideal client – ask yourself what type of person do you like to work with? Write down their characteristics.
- Define your systems & processes – have a process for signing on new clients including VA contracts, client intake form, etc.
- Find a buddy or mentor – find someone to offer support and motivation when you are feeling low and stuck.
And most of all, don’t give up. You will have bad days but, keep pushing forward and remember why you became a Virtual Assistant.
Thank you for taking the time to ready my post, I appreciate it. And, feel free to leave a comment!