Most entrepreneurs, especially solopreneurs tend to burn the candle at both ends. I’m no exception. Or should I say I was! I can’t tell you how many times I’ve worked a 12-15 hour day without getting up for longer than it took to get something to eat or drink. Not healthy or wise in my opinion. Have you seen the published reports on the hazards of a desk job? How it can take years off of your life?
After coming down with two illnesses in a short period of time I realized that I needed to start paying attention to what my body was trying to tell me before it hit me upside the head with something much bigger. I sat behind my computer for way too many hours a day without getting up and moving around. And my diet was nothing to be proud of either.
I realized it was time to make some simple changes in my daily life and get my butt out of my chair.
Here are 5 things you can do everyday to help you get moving:
- Set a timer to go off every hour to remind yourself to get up and move.
- Do these simple Yoga Chair Exercises to calm your mind and stretch your body (http://bit.ly/7dfTD9)
- Alternate sitting in your chair with sitting on a Yoga or Therapy Ball.
- Stand up and walk around while talking on the phone.
- Think Active! Think about moving more and sitting less during the day.
Take the first step today to get out of your chair for 5 minutes each hour!
Thanks for reading! Please share your tips on getting out of your chair – I would love to hear them.