It’s that time of the year again. You’ll see a million posts and articles about what to do and how to make this new year more productive. In the midst of all the hacks to stay on track, we want to share with you what the clueless entrepreneur is planning for this year.
- Last year, the clueless entrepreneur was all talk, with nothing to back it up with. So this year, the clueless entrepreneur will be dialing it down a bit, peppering in a little work to change the “fluff to stuff” ratio.
- The clueless entrepreneur wants to be the brand he/she has created. “Be the brand” to them is to embody it, wear it, sleep with it, tattoo it – yet it is irrelevant what the customer thinks. The clueless entrepreneur does not think about brands and products in the long-term.
- The clueless entrepreneur has seen that doing free work will result in sales. However, what he/she didn’t take into account was that each bit of free work must have a return on investment. The clueless entrepreneur blindly and indiscriminately does free work for anyone who needs it.
- The clueless entrepreneur loves the word ‘pivot’. Throwing it around sounds deliciously cool. He/she doesn’t really know that pivoting is the result of strategic assessment of potential customers, and not just a whim.
- “Faking it” is music to a clueless entrepreneur’s ears as he/she doesn’t have too substance to take their business to the next level.
This post was originally published on www.entrepreneurfail.com on Jan 6, 2014.