The biggest challenge plaguing small businesses growth is the lack of focused time to tackle high priority development projects. With a moderate of uninterrupted time, you can get to the projects that move the needle and grow your business.
The first step to create more focused time is to eliminate that which does not contribute to growth yet eats up your time. Here are just a few options to consider along with alternate behavior so you won’t miss out.
- E-newsletters (except mine :-D)
- Alternate: Go online to find the information you need when you need it.
- Social media notifications
- Alternate: Visit the social media sites and respond to comments, tweets, and messages when most convenient for you.
- Face-to-face meetings
- Alternate: Skype or Google chat
- High consumption Appointments
- Alternate: Schedule half the time needed. Everyone is more focused.
- Interruptions and distractions including a ringing phone, email, people walking into your office, text messages
- Alternate: Turn off the ringer on your phone. Lock your smartphone in a drawer. Close your email program. Put out the “Do Not Disturb” sign. Schedule 20 minutes each hour and respond to voicemail, texts, email, and requests.
That’s it! Simple, right? You may find it easier said than done. Changing well-worn habits takes practice. However, with a little focused time, you can move mountains in your business.
Ready? Set? Grow!