Most online entrepreneurs spend countless hours marketing through social media and forget about the tremendous benefits of marketing in their own backyard.
Do you belong to any local networking groups? There are probably several in your area that would be of interest to you and your ideal clients are members or attend. If not, start one of your own. Meetup is a great way to start a local community group. The costs involved are minimal and what a great way to get exposure for yourself and your business. Click here to learn more about meetup and to search for groups in your area.
Here are a few organizations that could be in your backyard. Check them out to see if it’s a good fit for you and your business and get out there.
- eWomenNetwork – I am a member and attend the monthly networking meetings locally. I highly recommend them, it is a great organization.
- Your local Chamber of Commerce – I’m on the email list for my local chamber and receive weekly updates of their meetings and events. Go to your local chambers website and sign up. Most of the events are free to attend for the first few times before you have to become a member.
- National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO) – this is another great organization for connecting with other business owners in your area. I’ve attended a few events locally and found them to be fun and informative.
- Industry or Trade groups such as National Speakers Association (NSA) – do a quick Google search to see if there are local industry or trade groups in your area. For instance, the NSA is a great organization for coaches and speakers.
- Networking Groups – Here in Phoenix we have an awesome organization called Networking Phoenix that is free to join and publishes an online calendar of local networking events. I know they are expanded into other markets so they may be in your area – I highly recommend them!
Take time and attend at least a couple of local events on a monthly basis. It will be great for you to get out and meet others in your area and share your expertise.
Thank you for taking time to read my blog. If you found this content to be useful, please leave me a comment, I’d love to hear from ya!
Susan Mershon is an Marketing Technology Coach, Trainer & Online Business Manager who teaches entrepreneurs and small business owners how to eran money while they sleep.