Are you the driver of your life or just a passenger?
Remember the definition of Insanity is: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results (courtesy of Einstein). If you’re doing the same thing day after day and nothing is changing then it’s time to switch to the driver’s seat, take the wheel and steer a new course.
Of course that is easier said than done. So start small, with baby steps. You can’t change overnight, but you can change your course overnight.
Here are some simple tips to help you get started.
- Write down your goals for the next 30 days. I’ve found that it is easier to concentrate on just the next 30 days. You can do anything for 30 days which includes making simple changes like eating better, exercising, making follow up calls, etc. Just concentrate on the next 30 days and don’t worry about life beyond that.
- Keep a daily journal to track your thoughts and accomplishments. Record everything! Schedule time each day (say 10-15 minutes) to write down your accomplishments. And concentrate on the what you get done NOT the tasks.
- Concentrate on the steps you are taking to make a change in your life. Don’t worry about the missteps just acknowledge it and get back in the drivers seat. We all make a wrong turn or get lost!
- Celebrate all accomplishments no matter how small! Be wise about your celebrations…for instance if you’ve lost 2 lbs don’t eat a box of cookies as your celebration.
- Look at how far you’ve come in 30 days! Read your journal see how far you’ve come! Even the smallest step is a a step in a new direction, take time to praise yourself and then repeat this sequence for the next 30 days.
If you follow these 5 steps you will be on your way to changing your life one step at a time. Before you know it an entire year will have passed and you will look back and say WOW…I did it!
I’d love to know how your doing so stop by and comment to let me know your accomplishments and how the process is working for you.