26th Annual Entrepreneurial Woman of the Year – Rising Star
1. Danielle and her husband, Jason Weedon, started Gourmet Gorilla in 2009 after wanting to bring healthier food to their son’s school.
(pictured left from Chicago Journal)
2. Gourmet Gorilla serves up over 5,000 healthy, organic meals a day, primarily using products that are locally grown
3. Danielle and Jason source the food from local organic producers and distributors, creating local sustainability.
4. Danielle graduated from the College of the Holy Cross, in Worcester, MA with a MA in Physics & Fine Art
5. Danielle also graduated from the inaugural Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses program
Mayor Rahm Emanuel, Goldman Sachs CEO Lloyd Blankfein and Warren Buffett react during a speech by graduate Dennis Deer during the graduation of the inaugural Chicago class of the 10,000 Small Businesses initiative. (Antonio Perez, Chicago Tribune /June 12, 2012)