The holiday gift giving season is
quickly approaching already here! This means Black Friday, Cyber Monday and a flood of marketing e-mails to your inbox. If you’re still searching for a special gift for that tech savvy person on your list, I’ve compiled some of my favorite ideas below.
- Texting Gloves: The concept is brilliant. We all know how difficult it is to text when your hands are so cold they can barely move. These gloves are perfect for those cold football games or evenings spent outside by the fire pit.
- Decorated iPhone/iPad Charger: Gone are the days where everyone’s smart phone chargers look alike. A cute and unique iPhone charger, will definitely stand out to friends and family. And I bet they’ll want one too!
- Conference Admission: There are so many tech-related conferences that provide legitimate value and content. A few on my bucket list are CES, SXSW Interactive and New Media Expo. Paying for your favorite techie’s conference admission really is the gift that gives back. It will provide networking opportunities, a chance to learn from others and did I mention networking?
- Eye-Fi WiFi Card: A digital camera plus WiFi equals Eye-Fi! This technology automatically transmits photos from a SD memory card located inside the camera to a local computer using WiFi. Forget the complicated upload process.
- Honorary Donation to A Technology Focused Charity: Many of us in this industry have been blessed by the opportunities that technology provides us. It’s how I make a living and I know it’s the same for many others.
This time of year, an donation to a charity like the Technology Access Foundation (TAF) would be a great way to pay it forward in the name of someone else. TAF looks to tackle the persistent “color gap” by giving tech access and tech education to kids in minority-heavy, lower-income districts.