Woke up with this mantra pushed by the Jamaican Olympics team in 2012, “Go Hard an Done”.
In more “proper” language …Go Hard or Go Home. Further Translated: If you are not going to give it your best then you might as well not do it at all.
- In 2014, you’ve got to make up your mind that you need to give your life the best you can. That means you need to put some thought into what your best life can be. Get paper and pen if your thoughts flow better that way or create a vision board on Pinterest.
- Go big on the dreams. Supersize them! What ever you came up with in #1 what would they look if you went over the top? Now create a vision board for this expanded dream.
- As one of my best friends would say, “Get rid of plan B.” As long as you have more than one option you will never give your full attention to your dream. You’ve got to get to the starting line determined to win it and not looking for an alternative ending.
- Push yourself when it comes to your own abilities. Expect more from yourself and do the necessary to make that happen. If it means taking a course or getting certified, allocating more time for exercise or the relationships that are important to you, then do it.
- Guaranteed Mr or Miss Inner Critic will stop by for a visit to ask “What the heck are you doing?” or that big brick wall of memories that you dreaming and going big didn’t work the last 15 times you tried it. Shut it down and Go for #16.
- If you want to start a business then go for it. Do your research, work up a strategy and start. You don’t always have everything you want when you start but start.
- Make a misstep then recalibrate. Learn and continue but don’t give up.
If you make up your mind to do the best for yourself by fulfilling your dreams you will get to December feeling very satisfied that you stepped out, learned from your mistakes and got immeasurably closer to your goal.
How do you plan to go hard in 2014?
Nerissa Golden is a Communications & Business Innovations Strategist with goldenmedia. She is an author and teacher who frequently hosts workshops and seminars on entrepreneurship. Follow her blog at www.nerissagolden.com or on twitter @trulygolden.
Share small business news, blogs and social media tips with Project Eve’s community of small business owners and entrepreneurs today. Our contributors come from a wide range of backgrounds; so whether you are a small business owner, social media strategist, financial adviser, serial entrepreneur, or write an amateur blog we urge you to contribute a blog to our 500,000+ community today. For more information, please refer to our Content Submissions Guidelines.