Are you using Google Plus? It is becoming very important to SEO which means if you’re not using it you should be! Here are a few tips to help you get started.
- Include Keywords – The About Page is an opportunity to provide a quick overview of you and your business. Be sure to include links to specific pages on your website to help direct potential clients.
- Post – To optimize SEO post on Google + as often as you post to Facebook or Twitter. Be sure to include keywords so you show up in your follower’s search results. Google’s search algorithm includes personalized search results; the more relevant and content-based your posts are, the more search results you are likely to show up in.
- Set Up Google Authorship – Google Authorship is how Google authenticates and begins to “trust” you as a source of quality content. Setting up Google Authorship is simple and straightforward just identify yourself to Google through your Google+ profile and then link back to it from your content and vice versa.
- Use Google+ Events – Use this feature to invite your clients, prospects, friends or family to an event. The best feature is that you can send out custom invitations to anyone – they don’t have to be Google+ users! There is a feature called “Party Mode” that allows everyone in attendance to instantly upload pictures into the same album using the Google+ mobile app. Share the photos in Google+ as a slideshow for those who couldn’t make your event!
- Create Circles – Create circles to separate your followers into groups so you can target the right content to the right people. This allows you to personalize your messages for potential customers, friends or family.
- Start Conversations – The number-one rule for success for social media is to have a conversation. Connect with other users or groups where you can contribute to the conversation and add value.
- Start a Hangout – Google Hangouts are ideal for video conferencing and collaborating with clients or team members. Is is fully integrated with other Google apps and is a simple and easy way to connect.
If you’re not using Google + get started! You can start small and expand as you get more comfortable. Don’t miss out on the opportunity to expand your reach.
If you found this article of value, please share with your friends and colleagues. And I’d love to hear your thoughts so please leave me your comments.
Thank you for reading!