Social media has become a communal pit for information and a fast channel to spread ideas online. While most of people from around the world have been enjoying it since even before Facebook became famous, there are still people who avoid going on social media networks at all cost. But what exactly are you missing if you become unplugged from social media circles or are you missing anything at all? People find themselves complaining about how much time they spend online and how they want to refrain from using Facebook or any type of social media network. What are the things that one could possibly miss? Here are top five:
1. Disconnection of communication. In this world of diaspora today, people are over the place traveling and living around the globe so it is but natural to want to keep in touch with people who matter to you. Since Facebook is a convenient way to keep this line of communication open, deactivating from one’s account also means unplugging from the easiest way to keep in touch. Besides, how else can you be up-to-date with your friends’ lives from the opposite side of the world and how else can you find lost friends but through a social network? I also know people who check their Facebook accounts more than they check their personal emails so disappearing from Facebook would mean losing touch with old friends.
2. No access to listen in on conversations and be up-to-date with current events. Today, the Internet can provide you with almost all kinds of information that you need. Cyberspace is swimming with a free and vast knowledge database and disconnecting from it can be a huge loss. An example is being up-to-date with news as it happens real time and not needing a television in order to monitor what is going on in the outside world.
3. Share life stories. Perhaps the reason why people are so drawn to social media networks is because they get to SHARE. Share stories, share thoughts and share life experiences. People are inclined to post photos and wait for feedback from their followers and friends. This is because as humans we seek to relate with people. Even those who claim to be introverts become active online because we all seek for company.
4. Tap into the unlimited knowledge database online. Prior to the Internet, knowledge was harder to access. Even if there are a lot of websites that give poor quality of information, many credible sources are also online. Today, the learning process has been dramatically accessible just by anyone who has a connection. Researching and learning are made convenient and cost effective compared to before.
5. Save time time by making use of faster communication. The time you save when it comes to communicating with friends and family is dramatically cut short if you just send emails and quick messages via social media. People are also easier to reach now because they are always online. In fact, some people spend more time checking their social media network pages rather than checking their emails. By disconnecting yourself from social media you might miss out on reaching them faster and vice versa.
6. Lastly, an opportunity to miss out on online special offers and vouchers such as FissionLink deals. Shopping and dining, these are the things we look forward to in order to reward ourselves with the hard work we do during weekdays. Even better we get special discounts, good deals and freebies as we shop and dine. Disconnecting from the Internet would only mean missing out on these deals. With FissionLink in Abu Dhabi, UAE you get to enjoy all these and reward yourself at the same time with great savings. Social media networking has never been this fun!
While social media stress has been proven to exist, being online on these networks don’t necessarily mean getting weary of it. It is the amount of time you spend and of course, finding the right balance between social networking and real life.