Do you ever have one of those days where you think everything should go according to plan and then boom, everything falls apart? I feel like I am having those days more often than not lately and I am not exactly thrilled about it. I have been trying to do my part and wake up telling myself things like “happiness is a choice” and “you got this” but by the end of the day, I am tired and stressed out.
I am a thirty-four year old full time working wife and mother and let me tell ya, it’s a tough world out there. No matter how much I plan ahead, prep the night before, or rearrange my schedule, I am still left feeling like my tank is on empty.
Did I mention I am trying to be a writer on the side and I suffer from terrible migraines? Yep, I like to add a couple of extra layers into my already busy life. But, and there is always a but, I love my life. I love my family, my church, volunteering, spending time with my three year old, and snuggling up at the end of the night to the sweetest husband in the world.
I just wonder what else I could do to relieve some of the stressors in my life and still accomplish all that I need to at the end of the day.
Do you have moments like mine? What are some of the stress relievers you have come up with to help?
I will leave you with my top five stress relievers and see if we are all on the same page:
• Exercise- I know it sounds funny but getting an hour in at the gym really helps put me in a better mood
• Reading- Whether it’s with my son before bed or one of my own books, it calms me down
• Journaling- Sometimes, all I need to do is vent on paper and I feel much better
• Bubble Bath- I find bubble bath that has mint, lavender, or eucalyptus in it and soak away.
• A Quiet Room- If it’s really bad, I tell my husband I need a few minutes and I hibernate in my bedroom with no lights or television on, just silence.