The 5 Ways To Grow Your Email List… And Your Profits
Surely with all of the advances in technology, email no longer plays an important role in small business marketing, right?
A recent report from email marketing service, iContact, finds that “83% of small and medium-size businesses say email is important or critically important to their overall marketing strategy.”
That hardly sounds like email is going the way of the dinosaur from a marketing standpoint.
Think about some of its many advantages:
-Email is cost-effective and has a high return on investment (ROI).
-It affords you an opportunity to send quality communications in a professional style.
-It’s personal, going right to someone’s inbox.
-Members on your email list actually want to hear from you, having given you permission to contact them.
Be that as it may, even if you have managed to cultivate a sizable email list for your business, the fact is your email marketing database degrades by about 25% every year. Your contacts’ email addresses change as they move from one company to another, they opt-out of your email communication, or they simply abandon one email address for another. It is critical to make sure you’re constantly adding fresh contacts to your email marketing campaigns so you can keep your numbers up.
Here are some ideas for you to utilize in your effort to bulk up that email list.
1. Offer incentives. When done well, free offers and other incentives can be very effective list builders. Remember to keep your offer relevant to your email campaign, and be sure it has value to the subscriber. Also, require a verified opt-in, which sends the subscriber a link to click. This adds their email address to your list and deters people who are just trying to get something for free.
2. Prove your worth. People will be more likely to want to become subscribers to your email if they can grasp the value of doing so. List your credentials. Offer subscriber/customer testimonials. Provide data (graphs, charts, photos, etc.) showing results you’ve achieved for others.
3. Host an online webinar. Here’s another opportunity for you to demonstrate your expertise in your field while also collecting email addresses at registration.
4. Remember mobile users. Add QR codes to your promotional materials that people can scan with their smartphones, enabling them to opt in to your email list.
5. Go social. Does your business have a Facebook page? So many do! What a great place to put an email opt-in call to action! Don’t forget about LinkedIn which also offers you ample opportunity to direct people to your website, enabling them to opt-in to your email list.
These are just a few ideas that you can implement in your quest to grow your email database. Your plan need not be overly complicated to be clever and effective.
Far from being an antique in business, email marketing is a valuable means of staying in contact with customers that is as strong as ever…and as strong as your list allows it to be.
Bola Olonisakin is the Creative Head & Chief Online Strategist at GTechDesigns. Bola specializes in coaching entrepreneurs, small business owners, and corporations in achieving the MAXIMUM PROFIT from their website by increasing visibility and using laser-focused marketing strategy. Download the Ultimate Guide To A Money Making Website to help you discover the 8 Tech-Riffic ways to PROFIT online at . This post was originally posted at www.gtechdesigns.com
Share small business news, blogs and social media tips with Project Eve’s community of small business owners and entrepreneurs today. Our contributors come from a wide range of backgrounds; so whether you are a small business owner, social media strategist, financial adviser, serial entrepreneur, or write an amateur blog we urge you to contribute a blog to our 500,000+ community today. For more information, please refer to our Content Submissions Guidelines.