When it comes to relaxation and pampering, spas are often the go to destination. From massages to facials and body wraps, spas offer a variety of treatments to de-stress your mind and body. They are also a great place to learn more about fitness and overall well-being. But, just like with anything else, some places are better than others.
Here’s a look at some of the best destination spas in the United States:
- Aspira Spa, Wisconsin– This spa boasts Reiki Healing treatments, Sacred Waters massages, and slimming treatments, just to name a few. Visitors tend to enjoy the lakeside setting and activities as well. This spa is part of the Osthoff Resort.
- Cal-a-Vie Spa, California-Located on the West Coast in Vista, California, the spa staff works with each guest to create an itinerary specific to individual goals. A typical day includes Zumba dance, reflexology, massage, and a facial.
- Canyon Ranch, Arizona– Visitors can take advantage of more than forty fitness classes, as well as soothing body scrubs and wraps. There are also unique services like a floating body massage that actually takes place in a pool (swimwear required!).
- Lake Austin Spa Resort, Texas– East Asian therapies as well as muscle tension melts are just a couple of the unique services this spa offers. This location has been recognized as one of the best by many publications including Travel + Leisure Magazine and U.S. News & World Report.
- Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa at Beaver Creek Mountain, Colorado– This spa is in the heart of ski country in Vail. Whether you’re looking for relaxation after a day on the slopes or just a rejuvenating getaway, this spa offers specialty messages inspired by the mountains.
- L’Auberge Del Mar Resort & Spa, California– Located near San Diego, California, this spa boasts an outdoor relaxation room with a warming fire pit. There are also steam rooms infused with herbs as well as guided kayak tours.
- White Barn Inn & Spa, Maine– Suites in this spa offer rain showers and “soaker” tubs as their unique amenities. Special skin softening treatments and exfoliating body scrubs are also just some of the many services offered.
- Mokara Hotel Spa, Texas- This spa has bragging rights of being the only four-star spa in San Antonio, Texas. It also offers several select packages aimed at pleasing just about any guest. From antioxidant revitalizing facials to reflexology treatments, the spa menu is full of relaxing goodies.
- Mohonk Mountain Spa, New York– Besides your basic spa treatments, guests at Mohonk can also take advantage of meditation classes, both private and guided. There is also a variety of yoga classes and other daily activities to exercise your mind and body.
- Waldorf Astoria, Chicago– Luxury comes to mind anytime someone mentions the Waldorf Astoria name, so it’s no wonder it is one of the top destination spas. This location has a full spa menu as well as several packages including the ultimate five-hour restore package. This includes massage, facial, pedicure, manicure, and lunch.
When choosing a destination spa be sure to check out everything it has to offer. Also, look for specials when booking, including online deals. It also doesn’t hurt to read reviews. Hearing from people who have visited will help give you a better idea of what to expect. The key is to relax and return rejuvenated!
Share your time saving tips, blogs, recipes, and ideas for better living with Getting Balance’s community of women seeking happiness and wellbeing today.