This post is sponsored by SanDisk®, a Western Digital brand, and includes affiliate links. I received compensation in exchange for writing this review. All opinions are my own.
Every mom or dad has been there, you’re ready to shoot an action-packed video of your child scoring their first goal or snap a shot of that perfect graduation smile when your phone flashes the dreaded “Storage Almost Full”. So there you are frantically deleting old selfies your 7 year old downloaded trying to free up some space to capture the next life moment.
It’s awful. It’s stressful. So what can you do?
One super easy option for saving and storing your photos and videos is the SanDisk IXpandTM Flash Drive (special shout out to SanDisk for sending me this drive). Designed to be the perfect companion for your iPhone, the iXpand Flash Drive offers an easy way to free up space on your phone. The iXpand
Flash Drive automatically backs up your camera roll, and even lets you watch popular-format videos straight from the drive.
The drive has both a flexible Lightning connector that works with most cases and a USB 3.0 connector to plug into your Mac computer or PC so you can easily move your stuff where you want it. Once again this is a great feature for moms because we all know what happens to our iPhones and minis when we hand them to our kids. Needless to say not removing the protective case is an excellent idea.
The product also features a redesigned app, the iXpand Drive app, which offers new features and an improved user experience. Giving users the option to save space instantly, the app now has a camera function so users can shoot and save photos or videos directly to the drive instead of on their iPhone or iPad. The app also allows users to automatically back up content from popular social networking sites, as well as play back music within the app.
I found SanDisk’s IXpand Flash Drive compact, user friendly and easy to use. I’m not the most super tech-savvy mom and I had no issues whatsoever.
Step 1. Download the SanDisk’s iXpand App
2. Step 2 Follow the Step-by-Step Guide on the App
3. Watch the magic as photos and videos are transferred and space is freed up. Automatically syncs photos and videos from your Apple device as soon as it’s connected.
4. Then in about 1 minute you are done! All set to capture that next perfect moment, again and again and again.
Because I’m neurotic I decided to transfer the pics onto my computer (better safe than sorry). This step was also super straightforward.
This device has made my life easier in so many ways. I found this to be particularly helpful on long family road trips. It is a wonderful comfort to know my children can access their video library without eating all of my data streaming movies or using up all of my storage space downloading extra TV episodes onto every apple device we own. I am now able to take pictures without fear. I know that I have the extra room to take all the photos of my kids that I want to without deleting every 3rd pic i take.
Even more amazing is that for a limited time you can receive a special discount coupon for $50 OFF. Whaaaat! How awesome is that.
We recently went on a family vacation and here are a couple of moments that I was able to capture since I used the SanDisk’s IXpand Flash Drive.
- SanDisk is a trademark of Western Digital Corporation or its affiliates, registered in the U.S. and other countries. iXpand is a trademark of Western Digital Corporation or its affiliates.
- Apple, the Apple logo and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the US and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. Other brand names mentioned herein are for identification purposes only and may be the trademark(s) of their respective holder(s).
- Western Digital Technologies, Inc. is the seller of record and licensee in the Americas of SanDisk® products.
Western Digital Technologies, Inc. is the seller of record and licensee in the Americas of SanDisk® products.