Nowadays most of the entrepreneurs are aware of the importance of social media marketing. Still, they are facing some problems like how and where to invest for social media management and which option is best suited for them. A few may be in a dilemma whether to hire an agency or to hire internally.
Social Media Management
Social media management needs a lot of time. There are many social media management services available today. Before choosing you will need to know how the social media marketing services will help the client’s marketing needs. The different types of social media management services are given below.
- Social media management agency
- In-house social media managers
- Social media management consultant
Social media management agencies
These are ideal for entrepreneurs who want to save their precious time. If you can afford to hire an agency and it suits you well, then it is worth the cost. The amount they charge may be different from one agency to another. Care should be taken when choosing an agency because it maybe a little expensive for early-stage entrepreneurs and brands.
In-house social media managers
Every social media service has some pros and cons. It is same in the case of in-house social media managers. The best thing is that the manager will be fully engaged with your company all the time as they will be more familiar with the company culture. But in-house social media managers are very expensive for entrepreneurs, start ups and small businesses.
Social media management consultants
Consultants are best suited for early-stage entrepreneurs or brands that are trying to solve a problem. Hiring a consultant is a good option for startups as there is no need for a long-term commitment and the cost is low compared to other options mentioned here.
Freelancers are economical since they do not need perks or benefits like full-time employees. Freelancing can be changed into a long-term partnership if needed. The reliability and skill level of freelancers may be different though so be cautious here.
There are many options to choose from so searching well before choosing one will avoid wasting a lot of time and money for everyone involved.
Social media management companies
The work involved for SMM companies includes:
- Creating content for social media
- Being up-to-date with industry related topics
- Replying to incoming social media posts to create community
- Exploring new influencers to connect with
- Publishing new social media posts
- Scheduling social media posts
- Evaluating social media analytics
- Connecting with followers
- Keeping connected by emails, phone calls and social media conversations
There are three types of SMM agencies which help you with social media management.
Some agencies concentrate on strategy and planning. They will study your present social media involvement, analyse the situation and give ideas for improvement.
The second type of agencies generally do social media publishing for your business. As there is not much work needed, they are the lowest priced options.
The third one will handle the complete management. They are very effective in promoting new products and services.
Before choosing a social media management company you should understand your goals. It is very important to have someone in your company with some basic knowledge of social media marketing to ask the questions required for your individual situation.
While hiring, make sure that you do not go for a cheap social media agency. All the SMM agencies are not the same. If you opt for a cheap agency, the quality may get affected. The price of social media agencies may vary according to their quality. Cheap and fast growth agencies may not meet your expectations and could cause your account to be deleted across social media platforms.
Things to remember when hiring a social media agency
- Know whether they have any experience in your industry
- Ask how they evaluate the success of your campaign
- Whether they have previous examples of campaigns or companies they have worked with
- Which social media platforms to focus on for your brand
- Do they have a specific process for strategic development
- The number of people working on your social media accounts
- The agency should be aware of the needs of SMM for your company.
From the above article you should now know how to choose a social media management agency. Before choosing one, you should keep in mind the above points to make sure that your expectations are appropriate for your price point.
Was this article helpful? Feel free to give your comments.